Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Regulations Update
On September 20, 2021, the Department of Commerce (Commerce) published new regulations and modifications to existing regulations related to its administration and enforcement of the antidumping duty (AD) and countervailing duty (CVD) laws.
These regulations apply to various aspects of AD/CVD proceedings, these include:
- Deadlines for industry support comments pertaining to AD/CVD petitions
- New shipper reviews
- Scope inquiries and rulings
- Circumvention inquiries and determinations
- Covered merchandise referrals from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Certification requirements to establish whether merchandise is subject to an AD/CVD order
- Importer reimbursement certifications filed with CBP
Commerce also modified its regulations regarding:
- Service lists
- Entries of appearance
- Importer filing requirements for access to business proprietary information in AD/CVD proceedings
Certain parts of these regulations will be effective October 20, 2021, while other parts will be effective November 4, 2021.
These regulations and their respective effective dates can be found in the Federal Register notice.
More information can also be found here: https://www.trade.gov/2021-adcvd-regulations-update.